Free The Tone Unveils Gigs Boson Overdrive
Free The Tone Unveils Gigs Boson Overdrive -
The Free The Tone standard effects are a new series of effects pedals based on the best of technology and extensive experience by the designer who has been building system racks and handmade custom effects for top musicians for many years. These new pedals represent an advance in development standards focusing on every aspect of the design from the state-of-the-art circuitry to the layout of the chassis.
There are many overdrive pedals on the market but Free The Tone set out to make an overdrive pedal that would become a reference for great tone. The player's ideal overdrive pedal is smooth, warm, creamy and harmonically rich, with tons of sustain. The Gigs Boson has all those things in spades. The origin of the name "Gigs Boson" came from the Higgs Boson particle which was discovered last summer. The discovery of this particle could be the first step in elucidating the structure of the universe. We sincerely hope that the Gigs Boson overdrive pedal will become your first step into discovering a world of new tones.
- A newly developed and very special input circuit HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) Circuit is included to prevent guitar signal degradation even when bypassed.
- It is an extremely versatile overdrive with a wide gain range useable for everything from Blues to Jazz and Rock.
- The GIGS BOSON overdrive pedal delivers much more dynamic range for the DC9V power supply than would normally be expected, and also has a very low S/N ratio.
- The newly developed input circuit has an input impedance switch (1MO/100kO), which works even if the effector is turned off. This enables better control of your sound than you could achieve with just a tone circuit, delivering the full power of your tone even when used with a solid-state amp.
- The Tone Control not only adjusts the sound quality but also enables you to bring out the detailed nuances of your picking.
- Reliable, high-quality parts are used to ensure long life and stable sound.
About HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) Circuit
The newly developed Free The Tone HTS Circuit brings a brand new concept to effect pedals.
The HTS circuit essentially functions to manage the interface of the effector from signal input to the output. This solves not only the problem with a True-Bypass circuit and the weak point of a combination of a general buffer circuit and an electronic switch, but also totally and effectively manages the interface between effectors connected before and after the effect circuit inside of the HTS circuit.
The compatibility of pedals when they are connected together will be influenced by the signal level and the characteristics of the input and output impedance. The signal characteristics as a result of a combination of true-bypass effectors will be changed every time an effector is switched on or off. The change of signal characteristics will have a drastic affect on the sound quality and/or sound image. You may have felt a fundamental difference in sound quality or a feeling that something just isn't right in the past. This is a major problem of effectors that is relatively unknown.
The HTS Circuit consists of 3 separate circuits: 1. Input Circuit, 2. Noiseless Effect On/Off Circuit and 3. Output Driver Circuit. The Input Circuit receives the signal properly depending on the conditions of the signal source, eliminates noise from unnecessary frequency bands and then sends the pure guitar signal to the effect circuit. The Free The Tone effectors have a very low S/N ratio thanks to the HTS Circuit.
The effected signal is sent to the Noiseless Effect On/Off Circuit. This circuit transfers the guitar sound faithfully without any feeling of dullness or distortion that is often unique to electronic switching circuits, because no switching element, such as an FET, is used. The effected sound signal or bypassed sound signal, selected by the Noiseless Effect On/Off Circuit, is sent to the Output Circuit and then to any other equipment connected after the effector in the signal chain. Regardless of whether the effector is on or off, the signal output impedance remains fixed so that a stable signal is provided all the time. And when the effector is turned off, the HTS Circuit outputs a signal that remains true to the original natural guitar sound.
The effected sound and bypassed sound managed by the HTS Circuit will always have the same sound quality, which solves a problem that has plagued players for years. Please experience the capabilities of the Free The Tone standard series effectors with the built-in HTS Circuit for yourself.
- Controls: GAIN, TONE, LEVEL, INPUT Z SWITCH (INPUT IMPEDANCE 1MO/100kO Changeable), GAIN BOOST SWITCH
- Connectors: 1/4-inch phone jacks (INPUT and OUTPUT), DC9V input jack (AC adapter jack)
- Power Supply: 9V battery or AC adaptor
- Power Consumption: DC 9V, 9mA approx.
- Dimensions: 115(D) × 72(W) × 50(H)mm (including footswitch, jack and rubber feet)
- Weight: 230 g approx. (Not including battery)
Free The Tone : GIGS BOSON OD - Tele & Les Paul to Laney L50H