Since its launch in January VoiceLive 3 has quickly proven itself the ultimate 3-in-1-performance system for vocal processing, guitar FX and phrase looping, but innovation doesn't stop there. Today, TC-Helicon announces a new firmware update based on user comments and artist suggestions - improving several functions, including a wide variety of fixes, tweaks and upgrades. The biggest overall change is to the feel, accuracy and musicality of the onboard looper, which is destined to make a massive difference for live performance.
"Customer feedback over the last few months has been essential in helping us produce this update and we’re pleased to offer it. The response to the Beta versions we’ve posted has been hugely enthusiastic with users reporting vastly improved feel and a more rewarding overall looping experience. We went through 50 internal test versions to get it exactly how we wanted so, especially regarding the looper, it's a real game-changer." says Product Manager, Tom Lang.
New Update Features
*Looper – Timing precision of record, overdub, swap and playback increased for more natural looping.
* Looper - Allow smart sync from any loop to any loop (A used to have to be the master)
* UI - Added Loop Input options for STEP and Switch-3 (watch the video for an explanation of how it works)
* Looper - Playback position easier to see (larger/wider bar)
* Looper - Added input and sync mode indicators to the looper screen display
* Looper - Improved sensitivity of waveform display (less likely to show no waveforms with lower level input)
* Looper - More accurate tracking of free space available
* Looper - Added warning for no loop space remaining
* Looper - Show warning if user turns off MET in quantize mode (MET on/mute is required for Quantize to work properly)
* UI - Added popup for loop input changes via STEP and Switch-3
* UI - Added current Key/Scale display to Home screen
* UI - Updated USB drive detection
* UI - Reduce Mixer screen timeout duration
* UI - Added "speedbump" detent to any parameter with symmetric values. *In english* If the parameter goes equal distances one way and the other, like Pan, it'll stop in the middle now. It makes it much easier to get "back to 0".
* UI - Added expression pedal vocal level target
* UI - Store LED now lights when store page is active
How To Get The Firmware
- Download and install VoiceSupport - TC-Helicon's free app for PC/Mac
- Connect VoiceLive 3 to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- Launch VoiceSupport
- After the updates have downloaded, click on the Firmware tab
- Click on the topmost firmware version. It will likely say “New” next to it.
- Allow the update process to complete. DO NOT UNPLUG OR REBOOT YOUR UNIT!
- The device will come back to normal operating status on its own
- If anyone has trouble connecting to VoiceSupport, try the steps in this HELP FAQ
On Friday, June 20, TC-Helicon will continue their new series of live demo streams. This time it's all about VoiceLive...
TC Helicon are offering singers and acoustic guitarists the chance to take a closer look at the TC-Helicon newest Vocal...
PRESS RELEASE: TC-Helicon delivers a simple and inexpensive solution for guitar playing vocalists with a custom designed cable that facilitates...
TC-Helicon has announced the VoiceSolo FX150, a multi-purpose personal PA that effectively solves the two most common problems for musicians:...
PRESS RELEASE: TC-Helicon is proud to announce the release of their ground-breaking new book, The Ultimate Guide to Singing:...
Harmony Singer The Guitar Pedal for Your Voice
Surveys show that up to 75% of all guitarists...